Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Long Time, No Talk



          Does it seem like forever for you too?  In all of the holiday hustle and bustle, I have managed to set aside my duties as a blogger, but not to worry, I’m back!  I’m going to throw this into rewind mode momentarily to do some catch up.  Since my last post I finished my fall semester of school, had two piano recitals, and a Christmas program at work.  I traveled home to Alliance for Christmas, where on my journey I experienced driving on black ice for my first time.  Luckily, with my mother’s warnings and my cautious driving skills I made it past the miles of ice only to find myself staring into the back end of a huge buck in the road.  Again with those cautious skills, I dodged the deer and made it safely home to spend a few days with my family.  It was a little different as it was just my little sister, parents and I (no big sisters) but I had a great time and even got to catch up with some old friends.  I had a surprise waiting for me when I got home and another amazing Christmas celebration. 


And with the New Year comes new adventures.  I will begin my new schedule next week, with 13 credit hours of school, 40 hours of daycare, 6 hours of piano lessons/choir, 4 hours of babysitting, and 11 hours of volunteering.  Crazy I know!  I love that I will be busy and I’m eager to continue this great start to 2011. 

This Saturday I had the opportunity to go to an Omaha Lancer’s hockey game in support of Leap-for-a-Cure for brain cancer.  My sister title holder, Mindy and I were asked to come, crown and sash prepared, to help sell raffle tickets (pie a Lancer in the face!) and raise money for the organization.  (Mindy also got to sing the National Anthem and did WONDERFULLY!)  Before I headed over to the Civic Auditorium though, I made a stop at Nicole Pannenton’s new store, Sublime Couture.  Nicole graciously offered to loan me some of her dresses for my upcoming week and I was eager to see the new store.  IT’S BEAUTIFUL!  I had a wonderful experience and the help was amazing!  I highly recommend this store to girls looking for any kind of dress, whether it is for prom, a wedding, homecoming, or pageants!  There were SO many fun options and a ton of gorgeous jewelry and accessories as well!  So a HUGE thank you to Nicole (Mrs. Nebraska 2009) for loaning me some dresses!

Mindy and I with the mascot, Frogen-daus!

Mindy, Jean & I

Mindy, me, and an adorable little fan!

A Lancer player who just NEEDED a photo with me.

Mindy and I with our dance partner Jeremy :)

Back to the Lancers game: Mindy and I had a great time catching up while we strutted down the hallways anxiously hoping for donations.  We were pretty great at what we did! :)  We met many fans of the team and also of our own…even got asked out on a couple dates…which we did turn down.  As we finally took our seats to watch the game (and rest our feet…that we both choose to unwisely to dress in horrifying high heels) we looked down the row and saw our dancing with the stars partner, Jeremy.  What a small world!  We had an amazing time and despite the swollen feet, can’t wait to participate again.

RAFFLE TICKETS LAST CALL!!!

     And as I leave you now know that when I return I will have endless words to say, stories to tell, and pictures to flaunt.  In a few hours this girl is headed to Vegas to watch the 53 most beautiful women in the country, compete for the title of Miss America 2011!  I get to reunite with my fellow MAOT’s and my Sweethearts!  (Also the most beautiful and talented women in the country!)  So to all of you stuck in the snow…I’m sorry…hah, who am I kidding!  I can’t wait to see the sun shining and feel the 60 degree weather upon my arrival in the beautiful city of Las Vegas, Nevada!


Goodbye Nebraska....Hello Las Vegas!
Kayla
Miss Omaha 

No comments:

Post a Comment