Monday, January 31, 2011

Thursday in the "Sleepless City"

I’m starting this in hopes that I finish what I started…and that’s my week at Miss America.  Since I posted my first Vegas day over a week ago, it might be assumed that I've died, forgotten how to type, or didn’t have anything else to say about my Vegas trip.  All of those are false, of course, and I’d love to come up with a really cleaver excuse…but it seems like I’m out of whit at the moment and have to give the “ I've been really busy, with school and all” excuse.  Jumping back into the full swing of things since Vegas has been difficult.  But I’m going to try to wrap it up in these next posts. 

NE, NH (Megan), AL (Taylor)

My Thursday was filled with the joy of having not only my Alabama with me but I also got my New Hampshire!  It was so great to finally be together again and because of that we spent the entire day together shopping and trying on…you guessed it, more dresses.  A lot of the “Sweetheart’s” came in today so it was GREAT running into familiar faces!  It was also a fantastic night because Teresa, Miss Nebraska, won the talent prelim!  She did a wonderful job and I was so proud of her! 

Teresa and I

In all the excitement at visitation, I ran into some former judges of mine and some more former competitors as well!  Miss America is such a great place to rekindle all of these relationships.  It was great seeing the girls from sweetheart as well as judges from the last year, but what really made the trip worth while to me was seeing the girls I competed with in the Outstanding Teen program.  It was so great to see how we all transformed from these wild and hyper teenagers to the poised young women we are (possibly still wild and hyper at moments).  Looking back at pictures and recollecting memories from my weeks in Orlando and comparing them to who I am today, is such a crazy experience.  So many of us have stayed in the Miss America system and I hold such a high amount of pride for my former competitors and dear friends they've become.
Miss OK OT '07, Miss NM '10(Miss NM OT '07), Miss NE OT '07
Former judge at Miss Nebraska, Rick Tedrick

NE, AL, Sweetheart Judge, David Weincek, NH, HI
NY & NE (Sweethearts)

And don’t forget the after party photo shoots with my girls and my newest boyfriend!

This is Drew, a patient at CMNH.  Such a precious young man!

Miss Nebraska directors, Jay and Amy
My dear friend Brittany Jeffers (Miss NE '09)

Minnesota's Sweetheart, Lauren and I making faces!

Infamous 'moving face' picture with my AL and NH

Kisses from Hawaii, Alabama, and Nebraska
The prelims were over at this point and that left me with one free day and then FINALS!  I was originally going to incorporate Friday in here as well, but turns out I talked too much for it all to fit in this blog so I will type that one up very soon!  The atmosphere made me want to be at Miss America (as a contestant) so badly.  I had this overwhelming satisfaction being there and I can't wait to continue this adventure of life as your Miss Omaha.

That's all for now ya'll.
Kayla
Miss Omaha


ps.  I found some great videos!


No comments:

Post a Comment