Sunday, November 7, 2010

It's decided!

This is a look, somewhat like the one I had on my face today, processing my thoughts!

After hours upon hours of mind boggling ideas, I have chosen a new title for my platform.  Make Music Rock.  That's it.  You may be wondering why it would take me all day, my director, and two sisters to come to this conclusion, but it was quite a process.

I began my search on Facebook and got ideas like, "Striking the right chord: the importance of music education." or "Tune in.  The importance of music education."  But, these just weren't hitting the spot for me.  Mulling ideas around in my head brought no new ideas so I choose to start my business card creation on vistaprint.com.  After searching through hundreds of layouts, I narrowed down to six options.  A few girly, feminine ones, a couple music related ones, and a guitar one.  I spent a couple of hours typing in my information, back and forth, to and from one layout to the next until I had finally come down to three.  One was a piano, one a pretty purple and gold swirly one and a rockin' guitar.

Here is where I got stuck.  Because I couldn't decide on a name for my platform, I couldn't decide on a layout for my cards.  So the YouTubing began.  After seeing the returning McDonald's rib sandwich commercial, Matt White was stuck in my head so I began listening to his music, "Love," particularly, over and over and over again.

Song of the week!-Matt White, "Love"
Song of the week 2!-Matt White, "Best Days"

Also, during this time of contemplation, I had the opportunity to speak with a classmate who will be taking new head shots of me!  I am very excited myself, as well as for her!  Our inspiration, so far, is from a photo of Miss America 2008, Kirsten Haglund.


Jackie and I just LOVE it!  Jackie has just recently taken her hobby of photography deeper, photographing a wedding and I now me!  The plan is to do some outdoor photos next Sunday...in the predicted 51 degrees. :) Guess that means I can bust out my long sleeves.  Jackie doesn't have a website, but as soon as she does I will share it in a blog and as soon as my photos are done they will be here as well!

In this time, I also searched through many sites looking for ideas for potential evening gowns and talent costumes for Miss Nebraska as well! :) I'm oh so excited!


After speaking with my director, Marianne Grubaugh, and both my sisters, Chabree and Brett.  I decided on, Make Music Rock.  Since this decision was now made I could finally move forward in the business card area!  Before choosing my title, I was sure I was set on the piano...but since my platform is rockin' now...I chose the guitar.  It's not necessarily the most feminine, or typical card, but it's definitely me. :)  And I think that is very important.  After editing color, and font and going through twelve pages of products that I could have bought, I ordered my business cards and can't wait to receive them in two weeks!

All in all, it was a successful day to follow a very, well deserved, lazy weekend!

Hello to a new week!
Kayla
Miss Omaha :)

ps. I just started a Twitter account too!  Add that to the list of productivity for the day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment