Sunday, November 14, 2010

Winter (cough) is (cough) COMING!!! (cough, cough)


In my last week...mucus has been ruling.  The title of this blog includes "cough's" because I can't seem to have a normal conversation without being constantly interrupted by this big nasty green guy.  Now, some of you may know my mother and her stubborn self, well, I must inform you that I have picked up on that characteristic from her and because of it, refuse to go to the doctor.  I find sheer dissatisfaction filling out paperwork, to be poked, gagged and prodded at, for the doctor to inform me that, yes indeed I have some chest congestion.  BUT...for everyone who is worried for my health I have made a deal with myself that come Tuesday, if I am not feeling better, I will indeed go to the doctor.  The crazy thing is...my mother requested, or rather threatened that I go.  I fully understand her concern (which in reality isn't necessarily for me, but herself) because she got bucked off her horse on the 2nd of the month and has a broken rib and one fractured one as well.  She informed me that if I have this cough of mine at Thanksgiving, and I give it to her...she'll die.  SO, to avoid the death of my mother, I am dedicated to the healing process.  (Mother is doing much better too!)

(I must insert this here because on Wednesday afternoon I got some very exciting news....BUT I can't share just yet as I need some details first!  This little note acts as my reminder to include this news ASAP!)

My weekend adventures started with my drive to Omaha for my rehearsal for "Dancing With Omaha's Stars!"  I actually headed up myself for a lesson and ran into my sister title holder, Mindy Schreiber, as she had her lesson right before me.  It was lovely seeing her :) and I got to officially meet her beau as well.  After Mindy had left, my dance partner, Jeremy and I, began.  We had already decided that he and I would be dancing the waltz for the competition and Friday we choose the music I will be dancing too!  I am SO very excited for this fundraising event!  I am a musician, not a dancer, although I'm trying really hard! :)  A lot of the waltz is posture and a lot of it is in the back and shoulders, and it all seems so much easier than it is, but I am loving it!  Jeremy and I started some of the choreography on Friday and will continue until the final performance on January 22nd in Omaha!  I sometimes catch myself looking in the mirrors when we rehearse and I get so excited when I see that I really can look like a graceful lady!  I know that's a difficult image to picture but I'm making it happen!  My excitement makes me giddy and jump around like a child in an ice cream store!  I'm thrilled to get this experience.    

After a little bit of a busy weekend, I got to wrap it up with an amazing photo shoot at Holmes Lake in Lincoln, NE.  Yes, I had my photos taken outside in today's 45-50ish degree weather.  The photographer, Jackie (whom I mentioned in my last post) was bundled up in a turtleneck, sweater, and jacket with a hooded scarf.  I was wearing a short sleeved shirt.  Brrrr!!!  Not only did the cold air chill my bones...but you must not forget what state we are in and take the wind into consideration.  The combination of wind, cold, and the amount of time I spent staring directly into the sunlight, forced my eyes to water causing me to have tears rolling down my cheeks throughout the whole shoot! 


 I had to take a photo of Jackie, taking a photo of me :)


Jackie did a great job with the photos and is actually editing them right now so I will have them by tomorrow and will be able to post some of them in my next blog!  Out of the three or four she showed me today, I'm going to have a hard time choosing!  The sunlight was great today, minus the tears, and gave us some great light to take photos.  There were many times I burst into laughter though.  As I was standing in my short sleeved shirt with a crown on my head, smiling brightly at the camera, many spectators were bundled up power walking, jogging, or simply driving by.  I couldn't help but notice their heads turns and the brakes come on as they passed me.  It was this that caused my laughter.  I am very curious to know what they thought of me standing there in a crown, very obviously freezing my tush off. :)  After about five different backgrounds and a couple outfit/earing changes, decided to call it quits.  After trying to figure out how to sign my name with frozen fingers, and a frantic search for my 'lost' phone (I stuck it into my boots while I was sitting so I wouldn't loose it out of my back pocket, you know...like I would remember where I placed it!) I headed home to bake some brownies, make supper and cuddle with my kitty.  

Despite my yucky cough, and the surprise snow this weekend, I am anticipating the coming winter months.  I am anxious for the appearances and activities on my calender and will continue to share!
   
Fancy and Me :) I think this may be our Christmas card photo. 

I leave you with some more favorite YouTube obsessions of the week!


Have a fabulous Monday tomorrow!  Mine will be great!


Ps. Jackie just sent me a sneak peak photo from our shoot today!


Until next time,
Kayla
Miss Omaha :)


No comments:

Post a Comment