Monday, April 25, 2011

St. Patty's Day Parade

Nicky, Mindy and I with some firefighter supporters!
The frigid March morning, although chilly, brought many supporters and many Omaha residants to the annual St. Patty's Day Parade.  I had the pleasure of joining the wonderful Miss Nebraska, Nicky Haverland and beautiful Miss Douglas County, Mindy Schreiber for the parade and events to follow.  Because we arrived at our location a bit before our cars we jogged over to the fire station to keep warm and ran into quite a good looking bunch of men!  Yes, most of them were married and many very shy too, but it was fun to joke about it.
Omaha Firefighters

The lovely ladies carrying my flag...and a band boy :)

The lovely Miss Douglas County, Mindy


Before the parade started I was able to capture some photos with the school mascots of the band that marched in front of the 'princesses,' my driver and a wonderful bunch of people that are very famous.

My driver and my lovely car!


The Star Wars crew!
It's the Star Wars crew!! They were basically real-life with their outfits and characters.  They welcomed me into a photo with them and I must laugh because I feel like I look a bit like the Darth himself in this photo.  It must be the black attire.


It was a very chilly but successful day and it was wonderful spending time with Nicky and Mindy.  I can't wait for the week of Miss Nebraska to make that an every day occurrence!
Mindy couldn't keep that stinkin' sash on!

That's all for the parade.  Maybe the next one I'll be in will include an ice water instead of a coffee, and some sunblock instead of a scarf! :)

Kayla
Miss Omaha



No comments:

Post a Comment