Monday, May 23, 2011

End of school, Piano Recitals, and PAGEANT COUNTDOWN!



Let me just introduce you to my next few weeks and you'll understand the photo above:

2 days until I get to sing the National Anthem at the Omaha Storm Chasers baseball game
5 days until my little sisters dance recital
12 days until I get to play "wedding singer" at my first wedding of the season
13 days until Miss Nebraska kickoff in North Platte
19 days until Miss Nebraska 2011 is crowned!

Screaming with joy about describes me at this point!  I am so excited for this part of my journey of the summer.  In the midst of all those days I also have many birthdays, mock interviews, volunteering, appointments for Miss Nebraska prep, and work everyday!  I must say too, how happy I am that my junior year of college is over.  It was a stressful semester and as I turned in my 34 page manuscript last Friday, I was finally able to breath again.  As for grades...I don't want to check!  Not to say they are going to be bad, but I get very nervous to look and would much rather wait for a few days of summer to set in before I look at them.

So off my list of things to do, school is no longer one of them! Check!

This Saturday also brought up the end of my piano lessons through the studio I work at with our Spring Recitals.  I am always so proud of my students at recital and I will miss them over the summer.  I felt very loved when I told them that last weeks lesson was the last one of the semester.  They looked at me and responded with a sort of "Ahh, really?"  It was clear that they were going to miss me just a teeny bit!  But I'm sure they were tired of hearing my birthday and Miss Nebraska countdown every lesson.  I think my student Miles could tell you more things about those days than even I know.

Miles and I after recital

I have a touch of sleepiness when it comes to holding babies
Even though school and piano are out of the way for now I still feel busy as ever and I don't think it's going to stop!  Please keep me in your thoughts as I continue this journey into the great unknown (okay so known really) land of Miss Nebraska!  

That's all for now,
Kayla
Miss Omaha

No comments:

Post a Comment