Monday, May 9, 2011

My Life!

Striking a pose at the top of Courthouse Rock

Hello and welcome to the crazy, hectic life I live!  I must first and foremost apologize for my lack of participation in my blog and justify it solely for the purpose that I took on a heap of things this semester and just couldn't quite keep up with everything going on.  I have now learned a lesson and through lots of trials and consequences, am feeling much better about things.  I turned into quite an emotional mess earlier this spring (before orientation I believe) and struggled financially for quite sometime (am struggling) and of course I couldn't just have a few things going wrong but my computer had to crash, (I'm not joking) and after that got fixed my car decided that it needed repairs too.  But because of the wonderful people in my life I was able to get my computer fixed and my car fixed and school is OVER!

I was able to make the trip back home for Easter and brought the man with me (his first experience in my neck of the woods).  We visited Carhenge and Courthouse and Jailhouse Rock in Bridgeport, even climbed our way all to the top of Courthouse Rock.  It was great spending time with the family and I had been missing the 65mph winds too so I'm so glad I got to experience that too!

Easter Picture, just missing my other sister and her husband and daughter!

After Easter breakfast and lunch at home, Joel and I made our way to my grandma's for our annual Easter Egg hunt!  Joel seemed very confident going into the hunt but after he saw my bag of eggs the disappointment sunk into his face!


Oh yes, I most definitely won the hunt, and for once I didn't cheat!  I must say that there has been a few years that the little cousins participating will set their bags down and my hands just seem to find themselves in the bags stealing their eggs, but this year I played fair.  There were over 300 eggs and eight of us...I was second oldest behind my cousin Chance who is 24.  We like competitions in my family!  I was able to refill my coin jar with all the money eggs I found and stock my candy dishes at home.  

It was a great weekend and it's been a blessing since then to get things crossed off my list of things to do.  

Ready for the upcoming month,
Kayla 
Miss Omaha

No comments:

Post a Comment