Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rain out at Werner Park

I had to opportunity to redeem myself from my "Christina moment" today as I headed to Omaha to sing the National Anthem at the Omaha Storm Chasers baseball game.  Unfortunately after a half hour postpone and a forecast that wasn't showing any sign of improvement, the game was postponed until tomorrow.  Because of this I don't get to sing unless someone cancels at another date.  I was pretty bummed about this and of course a quarter tank lower on my gas gauge, but I did get the opportunity to hang out with the mascots Casey and Stormy!

Casey and I 

Stormy and I

So fun! 

We even "Dougied" a bit on the field after the announcement of the game being postponed.  Even though the rain put a damper on my morning/afternoon, I still had a great time and got to dedicate my afternoon to my to do list!

I emailed a few people that needed to hear from me, ordered rhinestones for my talent outfit, took a teeny snooze, found a leather jacket to borrow for Miss Nebraska, made my autograph pages, talked to my mom and sister, and best friends, eat some dinner and supper, and watched Idol!  Oh yes, and I played dress up with about 20 outfits that will be traveling with me to North Platte for Miss Nebraska!  Natasha Bedingfield's album was my theme music for my dress up fun and it was very enjoyable.

Feeling accomplished and ready for bed,
Kayla
Miss Omaha

ps. almost only 10 days left until Miss Nebraska week kickoff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment