Sunday, June 5, 2011

It's here, it's here, it's really HERE!



See that excitement...not even close to what my face looks like right now!  (I just didn't want to embarrass myself with my excited face...maybe later in the week!)  I would have liked to get one us these up and posted last night but after the beautiful wedding and reception I was in for the long trek home to Lincoln and was awake enough only to shower and fall into bed before falling asleep...(okay, so the couple of really long blinks in the car could possibly count for sleeping too.  Don't worry, I blasted the music and the AC and shivered to stay awake!)  I can't believe as I sit here (hair done, no makeup) that today is the day that it all starts.  I have been on one crazy ride since my crowning in October and wouldn't give it up for the world.

I always tell people that this program is so great because of the scholarships awarded and what the program itself stands for, but in these last few months, even the last year, it has been a discovery of the friendship for me.  I have gotten to watch my New Hampshire sweetheart as she was announced 1st Runner Up this year and can now proudly say that I know Miss Hawaii 2011, Lauren Cheape.  My Miss Alabama Sweetheart is one of my closest friends and I have this system to thank.  I have made bonds and created friendships and relationships across the country and wouldn't have been able to do it without MAO.  Even when looking at my current competitors for the Miss Nebraska 2011 title I can proudly say that I have one great group of friends.  Some that I have spent years competing with, some that I spent high school with, and Mindy, who I got to spend my year with.  I couldn't ask for a better sister title holder.  We had the opportunity to do many appearances together and I couldn't be more proud.  What a sweet and loving woman who I have seen grow throughout the year.  It's these friendships; these bonds that I have created, that truly mean the world to me.

Going into Miss Nebraska I am up against ten of the most esteemed woman in the state and feel honored to have the chance to participate with all of them.  I can look at each and every woman in North Platte today and feel at ease with the fact that every single one of us has the potential to be Miss Nebraska 2011.

This is my third year trying for Miss Nebraska and I'm ready.  It has been a struggle always finding the time to go to the gym and do tons of community service this year, but that's okay.  I have conquered some of the biggest struggles I've ever faced this year and because of that I know that I can handle the job.  This year was about striving for this goal to be Miss Nebraska but through the process I have discovered exactly who I am.  I am the daughter of my Heavenly Father, I am a teacher, a student, a sister, a friend, a girlfriend, a sinner striving to be a saint, but most of all I am Kayla May Batt.  I have locked myself into place and strive now to show Nebraska me.  I love my competition wardrobe, I love my talent and I love my body; what else is there?!  I can't wait to build stronger relationships with the woman at Miss Nebraska and enjoy the crazy, hectic, busy but totally fun week.


Your thoughts and prayers are so appreciated and I couldn't ask for a better family and friends.  Your support is so inspiring.  Thank you to everyone who has been through the ups and downs with me this year, Joel, Chandra, Abby, Sarah, you have all been so patient with me as a friend and I will never be able to thank you enough.  Thank you Nan, Mark, Gram, Mom, sisters, your support has always been unconditional even though we may not always agree on things, I know I can always count on you.  Marianne and Tracy, you've done wondrous things for me this year and I can proudly say I have the BEST directors ever!  I wouldn't be here without all of my friends and all of my pageant supporters and I couldn't be here without my faith.  I am so thankful to have Christ in my heart and I know that he has a plan and a guidance.  I pray with all my heart that He strengthens my heart through this process and shines through me.  Because he is my Rock and Salvation and is the only one who can stand beside me through all of this.  He is my Daddy.  



I will leave you with the verse that sets me into gear in the morning and the one that puts me to sleep at night.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."  James 1:2-4

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."  Psalm 4:8



I love you and thank you with my whole heart,

Kayla
Miss Omaha

Ps.  I will leave you with a song that has helped me in my discovery of myself.   Strip Me

No comments:

Post a Comment