Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saturday-Nebraskaland Days opening ceremonies, Miss NE OT pageant, Miss Nebraska 2011 FINALS!


The one and only day that we contestants got the chance to sleep in and my stinkin' internal alarm clock went DING DING DING DING DING at 6:30 in the morning.  I set my REAL alarm for 8:35am.  I suppose it gave me lots of extra time to do a little reading, lots of cleaning, and plenty of thinking.  And of course Facebook time, WHICH gave me the knowledge of finding out that the new Miss Idaho, Geneveive Nutting was crowned last night, my sweetheart sister!  So proud!  And good luck to all the other sweethearts tonight.  Stephanie, Steffi, and Elizabeth!  

At 11:30 am all the contestants headed out to the arena to sing the National Anthem to kick off the Nebraskaland Days events and then we had a little break before it was time for the Miss Nebraska's Outstanding Teen pageant!

After we got done singing!

Staci Craighead Miss NEOT 2010 singing the National Anthem.


It was so nerve racking watching the teen pageant, like more so than having to wait to find out the top five for tonights competition.  There was such a good group of girls that I had no idea who was going to take the crown.  I must first congratulation all my ladies: Kaelia Nelson for non finalist talent, Meghan Thalken for 3rd runner up, Sarah Summers for 2nd runner up, my little sister title holder Aleah Peters for 1st runner up (this was her first year competing! So proud!) and a HUGE congratulations and welcoming into the family of Nebraska's Outstanding Teens Brooke Ludemann!


I have known Brooke for four years when we met at the Miss Nebraska's Outstanding Pageant in 2007, the year I was crowned.  She was just a 13 year old girl then and she has grown to be such an amazing young lady who will do a phenomenal job representing this state at nationals in a few months.  I am so proud to welcome you into the family of outstanding teens.  You are simply wonderful and completely and wonderfully gifted!

Folks, its 4:31pm.  Supper is at 5pm and I have to be at the school at 6pm.  The show starts at 7pm and shortly after that the top five will be announced.  My tummy is already full of butterflies and my body is covered in goosebumps...okay so that could be because I'm not under my blankets and the AC is blowing on me.  Oops!  But tonight is in God's hands and that in itself puts my nerves at ease and my heart at a slower rate.  I can say that I am ready to know the top five, watch the competition unfold again and be onstage while a new Miss Nebraska is crowned.  Thank you for your continuous prayers, thoughts and blessings, I couldn't have done any of this without you.  

Don't stop praying,
Kayla 
Miss Omaha

my song of encouragement this morning David Crowder Band

No comments:

Post a Comment