Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tuesday-interviews, rehearsal, little sister fun and more rehearsal!

"Consider it pure joy brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work  so that you may be complete, not lacking anything."  James 1:2-5

This is what I began my day with this morning before my interview.  I have faced many trials this year and I have persevered and that's why I'm here today.  In my journey to Miss Nebraska, I strove to find this "girl" that they would look for and try to do everything that I thought they would want when I instead found out exactly who I was.  It's not a matter of what they want to me anymore, but a matter of what I have to give.  I am simply me and that's what I have to offer the judges and everyone participating.  I am striving to let my light shine and to be the very best Kayla that I can.

Leaving interview this morning, I felt confidant that I had shown them me and that's really all that mattered to me.  It was off to talent practice for me and I successfully finished my costume and its malfunctions as well as performing my song to the very best of my abilities.  Once I was done with that it was a hoodie over the face, ipod in the ears and head on the pillow for a bit of a nappy poo.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to fully fall asleep for long because of the 60 degrees that they keep it in the dressing room but I was able to get a bit of rest before lunch and little sister rehearsals.




My little sisters Haylee and Anabelle.


We rehearsed the opening of the second act which is our little sister dance (with our little sisters) and they did great!  It's always a challenge to get all the girls dancing together but Kathy (choreographer) does a fabulous job with them.  After that rehearsal we got to exchange gifts with our little sisters, do some autographs and eat Dairy Queen ice cream cake!  During this time I learned that it's extremely normal for children in the 2nd-5th grades to have phones...texting and all!

Can you believe this?!

Anabelle with hot pink teeth!
My day was filled with joy and blessings and prayers and I am so very thankful to be here!  It's off to bed for me with an early morning wake up call and a very busy day.  Wednesday night prelims tomorrow...bring it on!

goodnight all,
Kayla 
Miss Omaha
  

No comments:

Post a Comment