Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursday prelim-swimsuit and talent!

I thought I'd get a head start on my blog tonight before the actual competition so that you would all have a little bit more to read.  Unfortunately, I ran out of most of my time catching up with my host family and eating supper so here I am with only 10 minutes to write before I head to the school to prep for the evening!

It has been an adventurous day with changes to the opening number dance, swimsuit music as well as the parade of contestants music, but none of that will damper my spirits.  It is crazy to think that when I get back on this blog to edit it before I post that swimsuit will be done as well as talent.  Okay, so prelims are gonna be done.  Which means that finals are on Saturday!  Holy smokes I can't believe that this week has flown by so quickly and by tonight I will be just waiting and anticipating the crowning Saturday night.

Tomorrow is filled with activities including: rehearsal, golf tournament, parade, garden party (which includes a bit of family time...if they come!)  Then Saturday we will kick off the official Nebraska Land Days week with the singing of the National Anthem and then the Miss Nebraska's Outstanding Teen Pageant, then finals night where we will drop from 11 girls right down to five.  Wow!

But it is time for me to pack my bag and get ready to head to the school.  Until tonight folks!






Well folks, I did it.  Swimsuit prelim and talent prelim.  I am so, so, so honored to have won both of those awards and don't even know how to consume all of my happiness.  I feel so entirely blessed to be recognized for all the hard work I've put into preparing for this whole experience.  I am surrounded by absolutely incredible women (and men) daily and I am so humbled to call many of you friends.  This experience has been one of the best in the world for me and I am so eager for the events tomorrow and extremely anxious for Saturday night!  Please continue your prayers for God to give me strength and wisdom and peace in all that I do.  

If some of you are following me on facebook, I was posting a scripture verse each morning because God texts me at approximately 6:15am each day.  (By God I mean the website that I set my phone up to, to send me a memory verse every morning, I just simply entered that number into my phone as God!)  The last couple of days I haven't received a text and was beginning to think some horrible things because of this.  But it was the moment I picked up my phone tonight after the awards and celebration time with my family that my phone vibrated.  It was God.  And this is what he said to me:

"And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness."  James 3:18

It puts it as simply as that and that is what I get to use to describe my night, my thoughts and my feelings.  I am at peace. 

Goodnight again,
Kayla
Miss Omaha

No comments:

Post a Comment